SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skybirdforever

Nasty, NASTY popup!

Are any of the rest of you getting a really nasty popup that shows up EVERY time you click on any thread??? I got home a couple days ago and came here to see what was going on and if there was anything I had info to help with, BUT, every time I click on a thread I get a big nasty popup that shows up in the middle of the screen that asks me if I want emails from houzz! Not just the "first" thread I click on, but every single thread I click on and try to read!!! It's NOT possible to click "anywhere" on the screen to get it to go away, you have to go to the "no thanks" box, and until you do that you can't do ANYTHING else! A couple times already, after getting it for the third time or so, I just x-ed out of RMG all together! Not worth it to spend my time saying NO THANKS just to be able to read!

When I come to read I don't generally sign in unless I have something to say on a thread, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not! I'm (obviously) signed in right now, and "nothing has happened" since I started typing this!

Needing to x out of something every time I try to look at a page is a total Deal Breaker for me, and if this thing keeps showing up I will probably not be around here much until/unless it "goes away" again!

Is anyone/everyone else getting this Big Nasty too if you're trying to look/read without signing in? Is anybody getting it when they ARE signed in???

Something like this showed up many years ago on the Olde GW, and the traffic went down really fast, so, assuming I'm not the only one getting it, I sure hope it goes away as fast as it showed up! I didn't have time to post while I was gone, but I checked in to see what was going on a few times, and I wasn't getting it then--not until just within the last couple days since I got home!

Skybird

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!