SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sam_bell83

Unkown animal attempting to break into chicken coop at 4:00 AM

Sam Bell
7 years ago

Alright so I was asleep lastnight and my dog woke me up. I went to see what he was barking at, and I saw an animal jump over my temporary chicken door. I think it was a weasel, but I am not 100%. Heres the details so maybe you can get me what I ened to know. It was at 4:00ish in the morning (so has to be nocturnal?), a darker color fur, that glinted in the light I have outside by my coop (to ward off the stalker creeps that hunt my chickens). It was kinda long and skinny, and when it went up the the door, it stood up on its back two feet to sorta peek over, and jumped very gracefully over. I think it had a tail, but i am not 100% sure. It was a long and slender body style (as said before) and it only grabbed one chicken, but I think it's because we scared it off. I set a live trap out, and I hid it really well (in the coop, I made a wall to put the chickens behind so I can put the trap at the door it came through) and I made it where it pretty much had to go into the trap. I put soft cat food in a can (Hopefully the smell might attract whatever it was?) and I set it up. I am hoping it comes by during the night, if not, then I will wait another day. Any suggestions on what it is ? If so, best way to live trap it? Or hunt it without endangering my chickens? Thanks! ~

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
More Discussions