SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blevine2

Should I repot my new expensive Bambo Palm?

blevine2
7 years ago

I have had this $60 Palm for about a month. I notice some of the large wide leaves are turning brown...I am worried! I have read the soils that they come in are not good....so am wondering if I should repot it now...in 5.11 or gritty? It scares me to do that..but I don't want to lose it. I had one I got in Jan from the same nursery...It was huge from the start..and over several months..all the wide leaves

turned brown until I didn't have any at all..I kept going back to the nursery and took the leaves with me..they couldn't figure out the cause and assumed I had over watered..I have had them in the past..and do check the soil before I water..I usually take it to the kitchen sink and let the water run and watch to see when it comes out the bottom..I let it sit there for a while and then turn it on it's side to drain..and then upright it and let it sit there over night..When I had lost all those wide leaves..and complained they gave me a new one ....which is not nearly as big ..it's shorter...Really need your suggestions ....I usually put them outside on my north patio all summer..but it's been raining so much I haven't taken it out yet...It sits right in from of my sliding glass door on the north.I have not feed it yet. Thanks Bev

Comments (3)