SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
love_the_yard

Want to trade bromeliads?

Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Bromeliads have gotten SOOO expensive! I'm looking to swap, exchange, trade bromeliads for ones I don't have. I'd like to trade at least two or three plants each to make it worth our postage. Wouldn't it be great to get three new broms that you don't have for less than $10? (I know you folks in south Florida have access to them waaaaay cheaper than we do in Jacksonville. Not expecting any of you to ring me up, LOL!) SEE THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST TO PHOTOS OF MY BROMS.

I prefer bills, billbergia, aechmea, alcantarea, guz, guzmania, neo/neos, neoregelia, and vriesea. (I am not looking for tillandsia or cryptanthus. They are pretty, but just not my thing.)

I don't have botanical names for most of my broms, especially the neos. I have solid and striped neos: red, orange, pink, hot pink, purple, purple/pink, and painted fingernail. I have a couple Achmea fasciata (the standard pink) and Aechmea gamosepala (Matchstick). Both dark red and dark purple guzmania. A few different varieties of billbergia including Pyramdilas (Flaming Torch), Nutans, Hoelscheriana, and two different types of Queen of Tears or Friendship brom (I have both the thin and thick leaves).

Shipping them bare-root is absolutely fine with me... hope the same for you? (Heck, I once forgot about a friend's gift of a brom and it rolled around, bare root, in the trunk of my car for at least a week before I remembered! It was just fine, LOL!)

Here is a link to photos of the broms I have. Some of these are the same - offsets/pups from the same parents - but have color variations from being grown in different conditions. Some grown in shade, some get a bit more sun.

Carol's Bromeliads

Thanks and happy gardening!

Carol in Jacksonville

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville