SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dominos

Help me finalize kitchen dimensions and basic layout

dominos
7 years ago

Thanks to those who helped me on my previous thread. I am committing to an island with what I think are workable but less than textbook clearances. I got better measurements and have put a shallow pantry behind the island and lined up the fridge with the stove aisle ensuring it does not conflict with the back door swing. (Note - that door is not frequently used and is not an entrance (goes to garbage cans)). I also added a small bar/bev center.I have indicated aisles with and without counter overhang and accounted for my CD fridge to stick out 4". I have 3 stools shown - I think I want 2 minimum and could go down if it helped me somewhere else.

My architect is pushing me to finalize my kitchen dimensions and basic cabinetry. I'm wondering if I should steal 6-12 inches from the front porch area (bottom left corner of pic) for the kitchen? This would either allow me a wider aisle between island and wall (currently 37.5 although drawing says 36 - I forgot there is no counter overhang on a wall ;)) or allow me to add 6 inches to the island (currently 4'5" long).

I am open to any other suggestions on cabinet placement too but like I said pretty married to having the island....

Comments (6)