SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anamandy

Question about Cruise Control

lovetogarden
7 years ago

When the cruise control is set to say 70mph and you break but the control is still switched in the ON position, will the cruise control bring you back up to the speed you were at before you braked? I understand that the speed is set in memory. The reason I ask is because I inadvertently had the cruise control on for months without realizing it and sometimes when I lightly applied my foot on the accelerator, like after decreasing my speed from coming off a highway, it felt like the pedal was moving down faster on it's own. As soon as I brake the car slows down, so I don't think it is an acceleration problem like all the Toyotas were having. I had the car checked by several mechanics and they could never find anything wrong with the car. But apparently, no one thought to look at the Cruise Control knob which is shared with the turn signal and the windshield wipers. That might explain why it inadvertently got turned on. To be honest, I never even knew this car had that feature because I never bothered to read the manual. It is an old car (1987 Chrysler Lebaron) that belonged to my mother and has all of 30K on it when she passed away. She kept it garaged and maintained. The car looked showroom new when she passed away and I don't think she ever really broke it in since she rarely drove above 35mph. She was one of the old people you hate to be behind? LOL Anyway, I have another car but really like the way this one handles and would love to keep it until it can't run anymore. I use it to take my dogs to the vet and to pick up garden supplies since it has a hatchback which is great for loading up. Anyway, I would appreciate your input since, while I have this feature on my other car, I never use it because I live in a congested area.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County