SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bills742

Exterior opinions on new home build

Adnan Khan
8 years ago

Hello, this is my first post on GardenWeb. I made a similar post on the Houzz discussion forum before I realized this is a more appropriate place! I already received great feedback from user PPF. over on the Houzz thread. I am in the process of building a new home. I am debating between having mixed sections of EIFS and stone or having mostly stone with accents of EIFS. The architect and builder are in favor of the sketch and picture as currently shown. I'm not sure if I'm a huge fan. They seem to think that all stone would make the home look too heavy.

I'm also attaching a modified render created by PPF. (much thanks!). Some of the major items that PPF. edited include ditching the large gable left of the entry and ridding of the columns on the garages.

Please note that that the sketch is the most up-to-date version. The arched entryway in front of the door is now shorter (10' opening with 9' fully arched double-door vs. 13' opening and 8' door with 4'on the render) and the outpouched window on the second floor (master bath) is actually flush with the wall.

Opinions on the stone/EIFS question and any other suggestions/critiques welcome!

Comments (2)