SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

What's Blooming Now?

I went outside a few minutes ago and did a quick walk through my garden to see what is blooming now. May is always a month with bountiful blossoms as the cool season flowers often are still in bloom while the the warm season flowers also are beginning to bloom.

Here's a list of what is blooming inside my garden now, where I grow a crazy mix of veggies, fruit, flowers and herbs all together:

"Pink Lemonade" coral honeysuckle

Verbena bonariensis

Autumn Sage

Daylilies

Petunias

Red Salvia

Chamomile

Celosia

Poppies

Larkspur

Dianthus

Malva sylvestris "Zebrina"

Sweet Alyssum

Begonias

Marigolds

Nasturtiums

Violas

Moss Rose

Borage

Catmint

Pineapple Sage

Salvia farinacea

Bachelor Buttons (rapidly burning up in the heat and starting to look bad)

Maltese Cross

Veronica

Balsam

Comfrey

Dill

And, then, of course, also in flower are all the usual veggies for this time of year: tomatoes, squash, some (though not many yet) peppers, beans, and cucumbers. Some potatoes have already bloomed, but none are in bloom now.

Meanwhile, in the yard, a few things are in bloom, notably the mimosa, roughleaf dogwoods, chinaberry, Texas lantana, Black Diamond crape myrtles, showy milkweed and Graham Thomas rose.

Out in the pastures, the usual spring wildflowers are in bloom: Queen Anne's Lace, phlox, pink evening primrose, Indian paintbrush, asters, Texas bluebonnets (past their peak and setting seeds), poppies, milkweed, yarrow, several kinds of clover, winecups, gaura, purple nighthade, wild foxglove, vetch, dandelions, false dandelions, sumac, and others whose name I don't know.

That is my list of what is blooming here. What's blooming at your place?

Dawn

Comments (15)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm