SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tyssa

Husqvarna Lawn Tractor -- Hard to Start and LOUD!!

Tyssa Black
7 years ago

I own a Husqvarna 2042ls Lawn Tractor. We've had it for 6 years or so and perhaps used it 20 times per season.

When i first got the unit it started fine and ran relatively quiet but for the past 2 years i've been sitting there for several tries trying to get the engine to start. The engine turns and turns but never ignites the engine to start. Often my battery runs out of juice and i have to recharge it before attempting to start the engine again. On this second go around the tractor usually starts. And once started boy is this thing LOUD. Quite deafening. I am able to ride the tractor and cut the lawn just fine -- no stalling, no hiccups. It is just LOUD.

I took the tractor in to my local Husq dealer for a full tune up. I informed them of the startup issue. They charge me $160 and said the vehicle was running fine. I took it home and it behaved the same way -- very long start time, loud running. The dealer did say the battery was low and so i got a replacement NEW tractor battery but experienced the same problems.

I've already replaced the spark plugs and air filter. I can only assume the dealer did what they promised for a tune up.

Any suggestions on how to get my tractor to startup like normal and hopefully reduce the noise?

Thanks for any help!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions