SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elissa_norris

Read FLF feeds for over 3hrs, still need advice;)

8 years ago

Hi, so apparently you are THE MAN to consult;) (and happy birthday btw) ... So after searching for non pricey Fiddle Leaf Ficus's for months ( not happy with amazons options reviews), even talking with one of Home depot's Houston horticulture experts to try to ship me a tree straight from the Florida farm they use for purchase I just happened to check once at HD now prime season and was so blown away when I saw a few of their FLF "bush's" in stock for $9.99 and bought the two healthiest looking of the four they had just glad they were at least much taller and 1/3 of the price of what seems available online. Granted only one of the plants looked healthy from my non trained eye. Anyhow my main questions right now are

1. Being in Houston TX, Should I keep them outside (south facing backyard of my house / with east facing patio available now for any Amt partial shade after 11am/ not sure how much direct light is too much?!?)or inside by a window facing northeast or south east ( would like FLF both rooms/ places eventually)

2. Should I repot them immediately or let them settle in this new climate your recommending first

3. I'm reading its prime season to repot/ prune/ etc now here in my climate... Clearly one of these plants more than the other has very unhappy leaves... Should/ can I remove these immediately ( diseased?) or should I leave for overal trunk health for X? Amt of time. Does this type of pruning factor In to if I repot now vs a few months?

4. Being new to all of this, And even after reading thru many of your educational links regarding this, I want to confirm that if I buy a commercial soil or even do a easy mixture myself that cactus/ succulent potting mix with reptibark/ or purlite mixed in is good? Thanks for your expert advice I really appreciate it!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting