SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jrbarnard

OT: So you like coffee....?

Russ Barnard
8 years ago

Yes, it is true, I like my coffee. One might say, I LOVE my coffee....

I have had bad coffee. In the Navy, they took a #10 can and would "eyeball" the level of coffee they added. If you did not add cream or sugar, it could kill you..literally crawl out of your mouth, slap you upside your head, laugh with an evil laugh and then strangle you with your spoon, which is not an easy thing to do as the spoons were rather hefty as far as spoons go, and could be rather shorter than your neck line.

But, I digress... this is not about spoons or their uncanny ability to be the bearer of death. This is about life! Coffee is life! lol

The coffee here at where I work is horrible. On a scale of 1-10, I would rather eat the scale.

So, I have been on a "mission", so to speak, to come up with some coffee that will make me happy, you see.. I hate travel cups too. Yes, they are useful, but my lovely wife gathers them all to her and stock piles days of them in her car and office and I fill up half a dadgum dishwasher with the smelly things after I get on to her that we are out of them.... so I decided I would not bring them to the office.

Now, I am not going to BUY a cappuccino maker for the office as I also do not think sharing a 250+ dollar machine with people that barely wash their own hands at times (lol.. cynical day today.. lack of coffee.. heh)... so.. I found the following:

1 - Re-usable Keurig (sp?) filter

2 - A blend of coffee that touts as being "dark french roast" which should suffice to try..

3 - I purchased a milk warmer/frother that did not cost an arm and a leg

4 - I purchased 2 over-sized coffee cups because coffee is made to share.. :P

I am waiting for the milk frother to come in tomorrow, so Wednesday...the rest of the office may be able to come out from under their desks and rejoice at the beauty of sunlight without fear of me growling.

It shall be glorious.

I also got shaved cocoa to put on top, because I like mochas.. and chocolate syrup :P

Okay.. that is all I have.

Now, back to being bored :P

Russ

Comments (13)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor