SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lily_wright12

HillBilly Potato Leaf Tomato Blossom Drop

Lily Wright
8 years ago

Hi! So I have 7 absolutely wonderful and healthy tomato plants in Austin, Texas. 6/7 have tons of fruit on them and just won't stop! However, my HillBilly Potato leaf tomato is dropping blossoms like crazy.

I have no idea what is going on! They're all in separate containers, nice big 7 gallon ones. I'm using fox farm ocean forest soil as well as their fertilizer trio just once a week. Planning to mulch when it's warmer, but haven't yet.

Like I said, 6/7 of my plants are doing wonderfully, lots of tomatoes and flowers, no issues pollinating even when I don't shake their cages. I know they get the right amount of water, although it has been raining a lot here. Temps ranging from 60s at night to about 85 during the day. They get a full 8 hours of sun, they aren't crowded, I have no pests to speak of as they're on a large balcony. And my hillbilly certainly does not have a heavy fruit set.

From what I can tell from it should be just as prolific as my other plants, but it's not. I think I have maybe 4 or 5 pollinated flowers, and quite a few buds that just aren't pollinating. I'm super bummed! Any ideas? Is the HillBilly just not a prolific grower? What am I doing wrong??

I will try to get pictures later, it's not quite working with my phone.

Comment (1)