SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucillle

Ideas to prevent potted plant theft

lucillle
8 years ago

I have a bunch of potted plants on the back yard deck and I'm not really worried about them, they are behind a 6 foot privacy fence.

I have lots of plants in the ground in the front. It is a busy street in the front, and on the side is the walkway to the high school one block away. I have had people stop and ask for starts, which I always give, and I'm sure some of the wildflowers and roses are plucked from time to time, nothing I can't handle, so far nothing has actually been dug up and removed.

The fence to the front yard is open during the day and locked at night.

There is a lot of petty theft in the area. Neighbors have had truck contents raided, a bike stolen, and other small portable stuff taken away.

I'm going to put 2 large plastic pots, one on either side of the door, and fill them with petunias. My ideas to help keep them there include burying a landscape block in each, and writing my address on the back with a marker.

Any other ideas? It is not that these will be extremely valuable, I just don't want them taken after setting them up, starting with small petunia starts, and hopefully ending with gorgeous containers of flowers.

Comments (30)