SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarahbr2

Custom built vanities: What wood? Paint or stain? What colors?

sarahbr2
8 years ago

Cross posting in the bathroom forum as well. We are having 5 vanities built for our house. We have to pick wood species and which are painted/stained. The painted, I think, will be maple. The others, we can pick different woods/stains. Any strong thoughts? Are some woods especially nice and or durable? I keep liking white for the kids bathroom (which doesn't get a ton of light), and the master (which will be a gray floor, and marble shower...though today I saw a darker stand wood that looked nice with marble so now I am second guessing that). In general I like white but don't want everything to be all the same. Most of the tiles are gray/griege colors, no tans. I think stained might be nice for the powder room, which has no windows but will be the main bathroom guests will use, so it seems it should be a little "nicer." Here are the tile choices. Any help is much appreciated!

Master: gray floor, marble 4" x 12" shower walls and behind tub, marble basketweave shower floor.

Guest room: gray floor, weave shower floor, griege rectangles (laid subway style) in shower

Kids bathroom: gray floor, white subway tile above tub (didn't take a good picture of this, it's the bottom)

Downstairs full bath: gray floor, white subway shower walls, white/gray basketweave shower floor.

Powder room: gray floor laid herringbone style

Comments (10)