SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janedavid59

Keep or replace kitchen faucet?

8 years ago

Hi, everyone - I am starting a kitchen reno in mid-May. Footprint that's visible in my pictures will remain the same, except that the 45 degree angle to the right of the sink will now be a standard 90 degree angle.

Dilemma - The sink is not centered to the window and the new sink must remain in the same place. Right now, that's not a huge issue because my current pull-out is low profile. I was planning to replace it with a high arch faucet (perhaps a 15" height), but now I'm thinking a tall faucet would look strange because it will be much more obviously off-center compared to the window division.

Should I just keep the current faucet (minus the escutcheon since it will be mounted in the countertop)? It's only a few years old, will continue to fit the transitional style of the reno and works fine for my needs now. Will it look dated if I leave it? Seems like the high arched ones are all I see on Houzz.

As a reference, the sill is about 5.5" above the countertop, so a 15" tall faucet would be 2/3rds above the sill.

Thank you!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County