Fire on the Mountain
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (6)
Related Discussions
Fire on the mountain, trees, drought
Comments (4)Well, my old redbud is about to bite the dust -- but it's been working on that for several years. I've got one youngish (about 15 years) maple that is looking stressed, but not fatally. I've got dead leaves on the ground, but I haven't really looked closely at the mature (about 90-100 years) maples to see how they're doing....See MoreFriday's blooms before the furnace
Comments (10)Shive: The pic of TBP was taken in the morning. By the afternoon, both TBP and JH are darker in color. I believe the cooler mornings contribute the grayed look, but once it warms up the color fills in. Julia: California can keep the wildfires. I have had WEPD for three years and it is a great performer. It just started to bloom and the scapes are tall and well branched. It increases well. It is certainly one worth growing. David...See MoreFireworks in the garden:
Comments (13)Maryl, Beauty in Motion is a Bennett intro. I received it as a bonus plant with an order. I placed a 45 dollar order and received this 30 dollar plant as a bonus. Mr. Bennett and I conversed frequently and I had visited his garden many times when I lived in MD, so I think that my relationship helped with receiving this as a bonus plant. David...See MoreBlooms from the past few days
Comments (9)Jerry Hyatt: Hard to mistake this one for any other one. This is a great perfoming plant. SKINNY DIPPER CLOWN PARADE: Prairie Pink Lace: Outstanding ruffling. Never hangs up. LIMELIGHT AND LAVENDER: A Maryland hybridizer introduced this one and I would visit his garden several times a year. I never grew any of his intros because he was into UFOs/Spiders and I wasn't at the time, I prefered his wife's intros. He passed away a couple of years ago and someone was selling some of his plants. With the green throat, I have dreams of making crosses to other strong green throated dips. SMITH BROTHERS Continued David...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

VACATION HOMESHouzz Tour: Rock Climbers Create the Ultimate Mountain Getaway
Two friends build a vacation home in Australia’s Blue Mountains, where they can relax with others after a day of climbing
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESRocky Mountain Gardener: What to Do in June
Join the edible-garden club, deadhead spring-blooming plants around the landscape and make sure to fit in an inspiring garden tour
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Naturally Modern in the Montana Mountains
Earthy materials and a woodsy palette anchor this home to its site, while clean lines and ecofriendly touches make it a standout
Full Story
RUSTIC STYLEHouzz Tour: Roughing Up a Fancy Mountain Home
Overstuffed furniture, bright color, local artwork and eclectic details help a couple cozy up their home away from home
Full Story
VACATION HOMESHouzz Tour: A Mountain Retreat Goes Against the Grain
A woodsy ski lodge near Park City, Utah, lightens up its mood and color palette
Full Story
RUSTIC STYLEMy Houzz: A Rustic Log Cabin Charms in the Mountains of Alabama
An open layout, log walls and styled antiques create a comfortable, inviting getaway to share with friends and family
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: A Farmhouse-Style Getaway in the Santa Cruz Mountains
Toning down the brown and redesigning for modern living, a trio of friends turns a 1980s fixer-upper into a woodsy retreat
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Cozy Mountain Retreat Near Lake Tahoe
An observation deck, a gourmet kitchen and generous helpings of windows make this California vacation home a storm watcher's paradise
Full Story
BASEMENTSBasement of the Week: Rustic Sophistication in the Blue Ridge Mountains
Good, old-fashioned fun reigns here, with a theater-style snack bar, a playroom and lots of room for just kicking back
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: A Modern Mountain Home Takes Off With Its Own Airstrip
In Colorado, a glass and concrete home hugs a former hayfield that’s now a launching pad for antique planes
Full StoryMore Discussions

albert_135 39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.