SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 4 - 25 - 16

User
8 years ago

You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Put blinders on and plow right ahead.
George Lucas

Working hard is very important. You're not going to get anywhere without working extremely hard.
George Lucas

When I was making 'Star Wars,' I wasn't restrained by any kind of science. I simply said, 'I'm going to create a world that's fun and interesting, makes sense, and seems to have a reality to it.'
George Lucas

Whatever has happened in my quest for innovation has been part of my quest for immaculate reality.
George Lucas

'Star Wars' is fun, its exciting, its inspirational, and people respond to that. It's what they want.
George Lucas

One thing about 'Star Wars' that I'm really proud of is that it expands the imagination. That's why I like the 'Star Wars' toys.
George Lucas

Good luck has its storms.
George Lucas

A lot of people like to do certain things, but they're not that good at it. Keep going through the things that you like to do, until you find something that you actually seem to be extremely good at. It can be anything.
George Lucas

The story being told in 'Star Wars' is a classic one. Every few hundred years, the story is retold because we have a tendency to do the same things over and over again. Power corrupts, and when you're in charge, you start doing things that you think are right, but they're actually not.
George Lucas

The technology keeps moving forward, which makes it easier for the artists to tell their stories and paint the pictures they want.
George Lucas

I live a reasonably simple life, off the beaten track.
George Lucas

I loved photography and everybody said it was a crazy thing to do because in those days nobody made it into the film business. I mean, unless you were related to somebody there was no way in.
George Lucas

I wanted to race cars. I didn't like school, and all I wanted to do was work on cars. But right before I graduated, I got into a really bad car accident, and I spent that summer in the hospital thinking about where I was heading. I decided to take education more seriously and go to a community college.
George Lucas

A director makes 100 decisions an hour. Students ask me how you know how to make the right decision, and I say to them, 'If you don't know how to make the right decision, you're not a director.'
George Lucas

If the boy and girl walk off into the sunset hand-in-hand in the last scene, it adds 10 million to the box office. George Lucas

A film is sort of binary - it either works or it doesn't work. It has nothing to do with how good a job you do. If you bring it up to an adequate level where the audience goes with the movie, then it works, that is all.
George Lucas

Before I became a film major, I was very heavily into social science, I had done a lot of sociology, anthropology, and I was playing in what I call social psychology, which is sort of an offshoot of anthropology/sociology - looking at a culture as a living organism, why it does what it does.
George Lucas

The secret is not to give up hope. It's very hard not to because if you're really doing something worthwhile I think you will be pushed to the brink of hopelessness before you come through the other side.
George Lucas

Sponsored
More Discussions