SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cactusmama_pacnw

My baby cactus keeps falling over?

cactusmama_pacnw
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I got this baby cactus about a month ago, and it seems to be doing fine, but I am concerned because it keeps falling over in its pot. Its roots seem to be very close to the surface. When I got it it was growing at a slant, like this:

I was worried about water getting trapped under one side, so I moved it to be growing straight up and down, and to be a little deeper in the soil. Now it looks like this:

But it still falls over sometimes when I pick it up! The soil is fairly dry and loose - maybe I should be watering it more? As of right now I am watering it with all my other baby cacti and succulents once a week, and letting the water drain out before I put it back on its dish.

I feel a little silly asking about this, it seems like the solution should be obvious - I am just really attached to this plant and it worries me when it falls over! I want it to grow healthy roots and be stable. Let me know if you have any advice :) Thank you!

Edit: also, if anyone can ID it I would love to know it's name! It's only about an inch tall, maybe an inch and a half.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH