SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Yesterday's blooms.. 4/21

bethnorcal9
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Bummer of a morning. Rain again. I know... don't complain! We need it!! But with all the roses blooming and being taller than usual, they're all gonna get knocked over. Oh well, will have lots of deadheading to do next week...

Here's pics of the best blooms from yesterday before the impending rain...

ACROPOLIS

APRIL HAMER - paler than usual

BAJAZZO with the dreaded centranthus ruber...

BERRIES 'N' CREAM CL

BLUE WEDGEWOOD - This is a rose, probably going by another name?? I got it over 20yrs ago from a mail order company way before internet. It was called Colonial Garden Kitchens. Was a really cool cookware and gardening supply company. They offered a handful of roses of unusual names, including this one. Never could find out if it's actually something else. The blooms a really large... around 5". Nice light scent. Very pretty whatever it really is. This photo actually came out a bit pinker than it should be. The sky was getting overcast and I think it messed up my camera's perception. Couldn't tweak it to get the right color.

BOTTICELLI - one of the ones knocked over by the rain the last time it came...

BRASS BAND

BUTTERSCOTCH CL - showing the more yellow tones..

CANCAN CL - OMG I love the coloring on this rose. I got it last yr, and it's not a real great grower so far, but the blooms repeat decently for a climber. It's highly susceptible to powdery mildew and blackspot. But I don't care. I love it!! I just love that crazy dark purple blush! So unusual.

CHESS - a new (to me) floribunda I got from Hortico this yr. I think I'm going to like it!

Comments (10)