SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
creatingcontrast

Home Gym - Modern & Massive!

This home gym is from one of my favourite design projects to date! In June of 2014, Bryan Baeumlers Construction Company (Baeumler Quality Construction) asked me to meet with clients to discuss an upcoming 3000 square foot basement renovation. I was completely thrilled & ecstatic for such an amazing opportunity which turned into my largest design project to date! (see links at end of this article to view the entire space)

The Home Gym - Bright, Colourful & Energizing. I want to share with you the before pictures, the design process and how we overcame one of the biggest challenges in this space.

Lang Basement · More Info

Claire Jefford, Creating Contrast Designs

The 400 square foot gym is the first room you see as you come down the stairs. For this reason, I wanted it to set the tone for what was to come for the rest of this contemporary & fun space. Below is a photo of the renovation in progress.

Here is the original concept drawing I created for this modern gym. Glass doors & walls keep the space airy and bright. (3D drawings done in Chief Architect program)

Concept Design by Claire Jefford, Creating Contrast Designs

These are the carpet tiles that I selected with my clients. We used gray for the middle of the gym and the colourful carpet tiles were used around the border of the room to add colour & interest to the space.

In my drawings the ceiling was shown painted 'Chartreuse' by Benjamin Moore and my clients loved that idea, so that's what we did! (carpet tiles tied in with this colour)

Home Gym · More Info
Photo by PM Wyre who did all the Audio & Visual set up for this space

A huge challenge in this design was coming up with a creative yet functional way to cover up the 12 foot electrical panel that is also in this space. After exploring various options, the Baeumler Project Manager came up with the idea of using a stainless steel awning - like one you would see for a motorhome or RV.

NOW YOU SEE IT...

NOW YOU DON'T!

The small niche was the perfect place to incorporate some storage for towels and other accessories for the gym.

I wish I had such a cool and inspiring gym to work out in! See more in my video by clicking here or by clicking on the photo below.

This basement also includes: A movie theatre with concession/games area; a bathroom with a sauna; a living space with a poker room, pool table, large media unit with fireplace, a bar and even a secret Xbox room. Yup, it was pretty unbelievable!

If you want to see more of this stunning basement, click here to watch my playlist.

Wanna read more? Check out my blog post by clicking here.

Thanks for reading, I hope you like it as much as me and my clients!

Claire xo

Comments (22)