SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eden_judd

hatching abandon baby duck egg, need help asap

Eden Judd
8 years ago

so i found an abandon duck egg at a nearby park about a week ago and decided to take it home. i made an incubator with an old snake cage and googled everything i could about incubating eggs. its been really hard to keep the temp constant, it ranges from like 92-105, which i know is really bad but if i ever see it not where it should be i quickly do what i can to fix it, and I'm checking it almost constantly. living in utah its also almost impossible to keep the humidity high enough, which is what scares me the most. i also had 0 idea how far along it was so i didn't know when it was time to stop turning it and increasing the humidity. with all that has happened i was almost positive it would never hatch, but this morning it started piping. i instantly did all i can to increase the humidity and stopped touching the egg, but i have no idea what to do now. like i mentioned the humidity problem is what scares me the most. i had been misting the egg but can i still do that with the new crack? i read about chicks drowning in the egg and i really don't want that to happen. please help

Comment (1)