SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ahappycamper

strawberries, please make me some recommendations

ahappy camper zone10
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

hello all,

I would like to grow strawberries and have been doing some research but I would like to get some recommendations here as well based on what I have learned because im quite overwhelmed by the varieties and options.

I would like two different types of strawberries, both of which are edible and as fruitful as possible with one that can climb up a garden arch or trellis and the other having pretty ornamental flowers that are another color outside of white.

based on my research i've located two different types of climbing strawberries. one of which is the mt. everest variety and the one that is sold here with no mention of the name: https://www.gardenerscollection.com/item.wws?sku=0061

for the ornamental strawberries im leaning towards the toscana or tristan, not sure which one? the toscana one seems to have many poor reviews online. i originally discovered the pink panda and lipstick but those apparently were nearly strictly ornamentals with poor fruit producing capabilities. these would be grown on the ground and on a vertical apparatus where they would cascade over but still have soil to root in unlike the other one where i would need a climbing strawberry that could extend throughout a garden arch without the need for a soil base in every runner

i mean even better if i could bypass getting a climbing strawberry altogether and just train a normal ground cover one to go up a garden arch but i dont suppose that's possible is it?

any comments, warnings, whatever would be very well appreciated. thank you

Comment (1)