SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ethanqsimmons

Pests, nutrient deficiency, or both?

ethanqsimmons
8 years ago

4’ x 4’ Grow tent

800 W COB LED Grow Light

Fertilizing using Dyna Gro Foliage Pro at 0.8 mS/cm (EC), with added Calcium and Magnesium, Pro-Tekt Silicon Supplement, and Beneficial Bacteria. All adjusted to a pH of ~5.8. pH in the semi-hydroponic containers and Kratky is usually below 6.5. Using gritty mix with added gypsum, 5:1:1 with added dolomitic lime, potting soil, semi-hydroponic, Kratky, and deep water culture as growing methods. Ambient temperatures don’t exceed 78 degrees F. Constant fan provides air movement. Lights are on 16 hours a day. The plants in gritty mix, 5:1:1, and soil all have Osmocote controlled-release fertilizer top-dressed. I don’t fertigate on a schedule, I just do it when the medium becomes dry/water level gets too low. Found what appear to be black aphids on a few of the plants. All plants were sprayed with a Pro-Tekt/Neem oil/Soap/Water mixture, including under the leaves. As pictures show, the leaves have yellow spots, tend to droop even when not over/underwatered, have shiny stuff on top, new growth is deformed and sometimes yellow. So am I dealing with a pest problem, nutrient deficiencies, or both? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Original thread and more pics here

Updated Seedlings · More Info

Updated Seedlings · More Info

Comment (1)