SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Laundry-mudroom in new build?

*crosspost from laundry, I asked a similar question a few weeks ago and only got one response so am trying here as this forum gets more activity and I think this may affect our build.

We are working on the plan for our upcoming retirement home build.

The laundry room will be off the main entry and will also serve as a mud room as it will have a door going out to a second entry porch.

I am debating going from my old top load washer set up to a front load. My main reason being that I will gain counter space above the units that could be used as a folding station. I'm 5'4" so wondered if these units are too tall for a usable folding area.

Realistically I will still probably take the laundry to my bed and fold there, but hubby says he wants a dedicated place to fold. Yes, he folds his own, I made it known from the get go that I hate folding so would do mine and the kids only!

Here is the basic layout. The cabinets on the front wall will only be 15" deep. I may get rid of some and create a bench with hooks for coats but not sure yet. The door into the entry is a pocket door. I have pulled the cabinet with the sink in it forward as I plan to have a hanging rod above the sink.

Here is a set up on Pinterest that I like.

Comments (23)