SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
champagne4lulu

Low maintenance flowers for planter in full sun

champagne4lulu
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi everyone, complete novice and general plant killer here

Im determined to get the hang of this gardening thing and I'm making small advances. I have successfully maintained a number of plants through summer without killing any of them which I'm very proud of!!

however, the maintenance side of things is letting me down. I have a few planter boxes that are growing creeping fig which is now attaching nicely to the fence. I wanted a small amount of flowers in the planter just to dress it up.

I put in snap dragons and surprisingly I did not kill those either. They did however become quite woody and straggly and now just look very messy no matter what I do. They grow no flowers close to the base and just at the top which makes them bow over and droop. Not great. The flowers don't seem to last long either and I'm getting a bit frustrated with it.

Can anyone recommend some nice low maintenance flowers I can plant now that don't require lots of maintenance? Happy to do some but if there's a plant and forget solution i'd love to hear it! The area is to the north west of the house and gets full sun. I'm located on Gold Coast and so we are very hot and humid here. I'd like white flowers if possible but open to suggestions and love if they flower a good majority of the year.

thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions