SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenwoman6877

Perimenopause and my sanity

greenwoman6877
8 years ago

Hey ladies,

Well, it's been a crazy ride and I know it's not over. Keeping my sanity through this is so hard. I have had all the tests and in western medical terms I am all good. Yet, daily I deal with crazy, yes, crazy symptoms. Shortness of breath, heart palpitations, adrenaline rushes, muscle and joint pain, dizziness, nausea and headaches. Considering I was completely fine 2yrs ago, it has been shocking. I started flooding around this time and it took a year to figure out I had no iron. It has been a year of getting my iron up, slowly, yet the symptoms just kept piling on, lol, so I couldn't contribute all the symptoms to anemia. My cycle did stop flooding for about 6 months which was nice until January where I had a 6 week cycle which brings on many symptoms and annoying consequences of being a hormonal roller coaster. I feel emotionally great and mentally stable. Literally the best part has been sites like these. Where actual women dealing with this transition every day have spoken up, because I have witnessed most doctors shaking their heads and saying " your all good, so have no idea what's wrong, don't think this is related to menopause,haven't ever heard that." Finally after a long battle I have an appointment with a gyno in two months! Exciting! So, keep writing, sharing and being aware. It helps s lot.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting