SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

A PSA: If you think your "privacy glass" is truly private ...

User
8 years ago

Please experiment after dark (turn on the lights inside and go outside) to see what you can actually see if you haven't done so. I have spoken with quite a few people who have just made assumptions that the frosted glass (or in my case, glass block) windows in their private spaces are not easy to see through. Last night DH and I conducted the experiment, with him standing shirtless in the tub and me going outside to see what's visible. Hoooooooooo, boy! Entirely too much, that's for sure! While I could not make out everything, I could clearly see his skin and the outline of his body from several yards away. Once he moved further away from the window, of course, the visibility decreased - but I could still detect bare skin and movement. I assumed that what I would see would be indistinct movement, and was shocked at what could actually be glimpsed.

Today I will be going to buy a tension rod and a window covering as a temporary measure until we can get the Roman shade made for our window.

For many people this is probably not a concern, or one that they already addressed. I just wanted to share my experience and say that my assumptions were wrong. Let me serve as a warning. ;-)

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio