SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roarahgw

What are your opinions on large format hex tile?

roarah
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Has anyone used 10 inch marble hexagon tiles in a project? My DH and now my tiler do not like the tile ( encaustic blue which crack easily my tiler says)I had my heart set on for a new master addition which should be finished in the next two months.. At the tile store they had a bathroom with large hexagon marble tiles on the floor and basket weave on shower floor and large rectangle formate tile on shower walls and I liked the look and my DH loved it.

my house is a 1920s story book cottage and the other baths are original with small beehive hex floors and white subway tiles with black border on walls. I love the look and originally was thinking of doing something similar with same size and shape with marble but than thought having something different would be nice too.

the materials and shapes of the marble tiles I saw yesterday fit the style and era of my home but the tile size is very modern so I am hoping it is different enough to make it seem fresh yet similar enough to look right too.

Here is a floor with a similar tile, mine will most likely have less variations.

Here are the floor tiles, I forgot to grab a large rectangle for the shower wall but it is the same marble as the ten inch hex, and the small mosaic is for the shower boarder.

This is the shower tile I wish to use on the floor and wall, but my border is pictured above.

And here is an out of scale mockup of the dresser I will use as a vanity it will be flanked by armoires but it will not be this squished IRL. This picture has the tile I love but is not to my tiler's liking.

Here is my plan of the bathroom

Any thoughts?

Comments (35)