SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

Machatunim or consuegros..Yiddish or Spanish--just so pleased...

User
8 years ago

Our DD not only will be marrying a wonderful guy that we really really like but his family is a gift to us all as well. He has a sweet 7 yr old son that we enjoy immensely . His Mom and grandparents are truly kind and good-hearted " salt of the earth" folks, if you will.

I shared with our soon to be SIL's Mom that I had a great experience at Soft Surroundings. She was so glad to hear it as she has dreaded going shopping . She is gorgeous with silver hair also but sees her self as too thick in the middle. She and her DD went yesterday to SS. She said they remembered me,were very complimentary and thought I was very interesting....guess that is good :) She got this https://www.softsurroundings.com/P/Desert_Stars_Skirt/ and a teal surplice top to go with it. She also got flats and the amazing teal jewelry that I loved. She said her DD didn't find anything for the wedding but is going back with her and the two of them are going to do a lot more shopping.

The point of this is the open-hearted way we have all approached this new life together. We all attended the baseball game that A played in Thursday night...what a treat to go to a Little League game again...those 7-8 yr olds are amazing. We had a great time sitting together and sharing pictures and high 5's.

Forgive the outpouring of feelings ....just feels really nice. c

Comments (20)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    8 years ago

It is never a disappointment to read such loving and generous thoughts, C. I love happy endings....or rather happy beginnings!

User thanked cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
  • User
    8 years ago

What sweet sentiments, C! I'm so happy that you are so happy about the new members of your family. May your bond richly grow in the years to come.

User thanked User
  • cattyles
    8 years ago

Thank you for sharing your happiness! Please share more as you go........

User thanked cattyles
  • OutsidePlaying
    8 years ago

What a great post! So happy for the newest grandson to love and enjoy too! I don't think we realize what a blessing it really is to the new bride and groom when families meld together so seamlessly. We too have been so fortunate that we have been richly rewarded with new friends in our lives as a result of our children's marriages.

User thanked OutsidePlaying
  • User
    8 years ago

This is heartwarming to read, thank you for sharing. I'm so happy for you all!

I often wonder about blending families someday (my daughter is 23 and single), your story is very inspiring. :)

User thanked User
  • jb1586
    8 years ago

Congrats to your family--love that you used the word machatunim!

User thanked jb1586
  • writersblock (9b/10a)
    8 years ago

What a lovely post, trailrunner. Very inspiring.

A question about that skirt--are the sides open all the way up and just fastened together in places, or is there something more complicated happening?

User thanked writersblock (9b/10a)
  • eld6161
    8 years ago

With so much dysfunction out there, it is so nice to hear this.

User thanked eld6161
  • User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Writersblock, I have emailed Connie and will get back to you about the skirt asap.

Thank you all for enjoying my outpouring of good feelings . We got off to a similar start with another set of co- inlaws but over time it hasn't evolved well ....we have tried to mend fences and make adjustments and excuses and simply ignored things but to no avail. Sometimes we can have what we want and work for and sometimes there is another plan . I do know that I have learned to let it go WAY better than I used to. c

• User
    8 years ago

Comments above express sentiments I felt reading your post. Thank you for sharing something so sincere and uplifting.

User thanked User
  • DLM2000-GW
    8 years ago

Trail - that is so wonderful to read! Wish more people approached life with such an open heart. I got a kick out of machatunim - and you're not even an MOT!

User thanked DLM2000-GW
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    8 years ago

So wonderful! Thanks for sharing your good news and warm heart.

User thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • Errant_gw
    8 years ago

Such happy thoughts :)

User thanked Errant_gw
  • User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

DLM I had to look that up in the Urban dictionary . No I am not MOT but I make a very good Challah:) Thank you all again for your sweet equally heart-felt comments. They are very much appreciated. Lately there seems to be so much strife everywhere you look I am glad to share this story of joy. c

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

writersblock..about the skirt. Connie said it is slit to the knee...and the darker color you see is an inset in the side but not slit. It is lined as are all the skirts so you are seeing the lining near the hem area when she twirls in the video on line. Very elegant !!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    8 years ago

Thank you so much for going to all that trouble, trailrunner, and please thank Connie, too.

User thanked writersblock (9b/10a)
  • westsider40
    8 years ago

You have given me a yuge smile on my face. This is a state of the art family, all of you. Truly blessed. Enjoy each other.

User thanked westsider40
  • maggiepatty
    8 years ago

It is a gift to have new family members you can enjoy and share with. Sweet to hear your enthusiasm!

User thanked maggiepatty
  • eandhl2
    8 years ago

It is so pleasant to hear everything is going so smoothly. Often times people are so stressed. Wishing you DD upcoming SIL & new grandson the very best.

User thanked eandhl2