SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabethsarahd

this is going to sound ignorant....

Elizabeth Dinner
8 years ago

I've been in my first home now for 3 springs and this spring is now my 4th. I've been fulfilling my dream of having roses everywhere and continuously working on a large collection. At some point in my life, I'd love to be able to call myself an expert, but I know that day is far away.

Currently, I have one knockout rose bush, a few victorian roses, 2 floribundas and one other shrub rose with very very tiny clusters in red. The sad/embarrassing thing is I don't know if I'm even using the right names for them. On top of that, I have no idea what their exact names are because of...well....home depot. So many of the pots just said "rose." Once they start blooming, I can post photos to hopefully work on getting them identified. But more importantly, this spring, when I ultimately end up buying many more, I'd like to go into it with a more solid understanding. I've heard of floribundas, hybrid teas, grandiflora, shrub, climbing, tree, knockout, victorian, miniature, english, the list goes on. I can't help but feel confused and wonder if some of these are interchangeable names. I could ramble on, but to start...does anyone have a good basic guide I could start with and then ask questions from there?

Comments (24)