SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
necro_azalea

White and Black spots on Flat Leaf Parsley leaves

I bought this from a local nursery when it was about half the size. It's been growing fairly quickly and nicely so far but today I noticed a lot of white spots on it. After examining it further I also noticed tiny black spots as well. I checked the undersides of the leaves for burrow lines but the undersides are clean. (picture below) While looking at the leaves, a whitish, small insect flew out (about gnat sized, small gnats). I kept taking photos and after a bit I tried looking through the plant to see if I could find anything. Again, another one of those whitish bugs flew out. They aren't a solid shade of white but I didn't get a good enough look at them to see what their off-white coloring was. I am not sure if they are the cause or if they are just little bugs living in the plant's shade but I thought I'd mention it anyways. My questions are: What has caused all the white and black spots? Are the leaves of the parsley still safe to eat and use with washing? How can I stop the white and black spots from continuing?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!