SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texas_gem

Week 96: What do you cook?

Texas_Gem
8 years ago

Last week's thread, how often do you cook, made me ponder just how different all of our cuisines can be based on our location.

A friend of mine who grew up here recently moved to Oregon and when she was home visiting during the holidays, she lamented that she just can't find restaurants like we have here.

There are a TON of seafood places (not surprising living near the coast) but very few Mexican or Tex-Mex places which are at an overwhelming abundance here.

So for fun, please post your general location and what type/s of cuisine is/are normal, either for home cooking or for restaurants (though I suspect they mirror one another)

I live almost 700 miles from the coast so, not surprisingly, you don't find a lot of fish eaters here.

My normal cooking is mostly Tex-Mex, Italian American, Americana, Southern, some stir fry but almost no fish; and no French either.

I know French cooking is seen as THE haute couture but most recipes I look at sound unappealing, though I will gladly praise the French for teaching me the mother sauces. :)

A weekly menu for us might be:

Spaghetti on Monday

Tacos on Tuesday

Fried Chicken on Wednesday

Enchiladas on Thursday

Pizza on Friday

Burgers on Saturday

Orange chicken with stir fried rice on Sunday

How about you? What cuisine does your normal cooking fall into and does it reflect your location?

Comments (28)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012