SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

For those who have read "You" by Caroline Kepnes (SPOILERS)

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

SPOILERS ... SPOILERS ... Please do not read this thread if you haven't read the book but intend to!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

I've just finished it. I kinda figured Beck would meet such a fate, but was a little disappointed that it started feeling too farfetched towards the end. The last time that they had sex - when she was in the cage - and the way that she was so obviously physically aroused? I'm not buying it. She was of course trying to go along with Joe and what she felt he wanted in order to trick him so that she could make her escape ... but her fear wasn't palpable enough. Then again, the story IS being told from Joe's point of view, so maybe he chose to see things a certain way. Just wondered if anyone else felt that things went a little "south" towards the end?

Also, by this statement: But millions of people have devoured the story of your life. Everyone knows about the twisted psychologist who murdered you. You never were published in the New Yorker but you did make the New York Post.

I presume this means that the body was found and the murder was pinned on Dr. Nicky. But how? They don't have DNA analysis in upstate New York?

I'd welcome further discussion on this book. It haunted me and it disturbed me, but I had a very hard time putting it down.

Comments (19)