SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gsciencechick

Another beauty/hair thread

gsciencechick
8 years ago

I am not sure what is going on with my hair. It is excessively dry and fragile and although I used to be a huge oil pit, I am way less so. I went through a period of breakage and some falling out last summer/fall but that seems to have resolved. I do color my hair in a salon every 5 weeks but stopped with highlights. My hair is straight and fairly fine.

I wash my hair generally every other day but if it's the weekend and I'm not going anywhere I try to hold off another day.

I am trying not to use heat-related styling. My stylist recommended getting a new flat iron because the pads wear out. I should probably buy a new blowdryer, too.

I do have hypothyroid and take Synthroid. My last recheck was a little over a year ago. I take Vitamin D and Biotin supplements.

Menopause: I am menopausal, confirmed by GYN last summer. I stopped using birth control pills about a year and a half ago.

So, course of action to take? Probably see primary care doc first for thyroid recheck. I am on spring break next week and could probably get an appointment. Then what? GYN, trying other hair products? Dermatologist? Endo?

I am 52, will be 53 in June.

Comments (33)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm