SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tacademyhs

Bluestar RNB vs RCS: Griddle & BTUs

BLTx
8 years ago

We have about decided on a 36" BS RNB or RCS. I have two questions:

(1) How well does the RNB griddle function? I don't see this listed as an option on the RCS. I would use it often. (I don't eat gluten nor "fake" gluten products, so things like potato pancakes and tortillas and various patties stand in for the "structured" food category for us.) But the RNB with griddle is about $3000 more than the RCS (and $700 more than the standard RNB), and that's a lot to pay for a griddle, when I can lay a griddle over the burners if I need to. How much advantage would I gain here?

(2) The RNB has 22,000 BTU burners to the RCS 15,000. How much difference will this make to me? (My current burners are 9,000.) I do look forward to the increased power—being able to cook a nice stir-fry is important to me, although it would usually be for vegetables only since that's the way I eat. Without meat to consider, how much difference would the increased BTUs make? And if I do want to cook some meat, can I make a decent stir-fry with the 15K?

These questions take on more significance to me since I eat only food I've prepared myself—so if I'm going to taste it, it has to come from my own kitchen. But $3000 is a lot of money. So I really appreciate any feedback.

Comments (3)