SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monicabf

Hoya roots

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I repotted my oldest Carnosa on Sunday because I had in a glazed ceramic pot that only had one drainage hole with an attached saucer. I knew the roots couldn't be getting enough air circulation. When I carefully pulled the plant out I was shocked to see such a tiny root ball that didn't look real healthy. The roots weren't nice and white/cream colored (much darker but NOT black or dark brown) and they were kind of frizzy (if that makes sense). I should have taken a picture (hind sight - :-( ) anyway, I trimmed off most of the funky looking roots and replanted in a plastic pot with tons of holes.

My question is - was that okay to do or should I have just taken cuttings from the whole plant and started over? The main stem is very thick (almost small tree looking).. This is the same plant that never bloomed for me but when I took some cuttings last summer and stuck them in a vase of water, it gave me one bloom.

here are pictures of the repotted Hoya. First one shows how large the main stem is.

Comments (6)

Sponsored