Houzz Logo Print
sapph_monster_is_killing_u

Frangipani issues...

sapph_monster_is_killing_u
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello All,

first a bit of history

i have an approx 6 year old frangipani that was propergated from a cutting. It has was planted into a large (probably 50cm across) pot with well draining potting mix. It has never flowered. Fertiliser wise it gets slow release osmocote at the start of spring, seaweed solution when it needs it (maybe once a month when it isn't dormant). Just this week I've started giving it a bit of potash to try encourage some flowers. It lives on a western facing balcony (no other choice :() and I don't think it's a fan of the scorching sun, so I've moved it to the most sheltered part of the balcony to try give it a break. It gets watered once a week, when it's not dormant.

Anyway, onto the issue at hand. It's leaves are... Not good. I'll let the pictures tell the story. It's been like the the last few summers. I don't know if it's heat stress/sunburn or a pest/disease? Any ideas? I've tried looking up photos of frangipani diseases and none of them seem to fit.

also, is there anything else I can do to promote flowering?

Thanks in advance,

sapphy

update--- it won't let me add photos from my phone

Basically my frangipani leaves are loosing their colour but only in the middle, before they turn yellow and fall off,. It's not time for it to go to sleep yet so that can't be it. Not all leaves are affected. They're also a bit more whilty than usual. I'll try to add a photo but this website is being a pain!

update #2 we now have photos!

Undersides of leaves are fine

Comments (3)

Sponsored