EricaBraun
8 years ago

Our Blooming Friends Swap Group (OBF) was created to have a
reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between group
members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you. Please be
a successful member of Houzz/GardenWeb and have completed a trade
with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be sent
to Shirley/Brittneysgran.

Please take a moment to read our rules and then, Have fun!

1. Send your swap by posted deadline for each swap.

2. No bickering. This is meant to be fun for everyone.

3. Send things that you yourself would want to receive.

4. Always include a Delivery Confirmation number and post it when
you send the package.

A tisket a tasket, a gardener Easter basket.

It's time to put on your Easter bonnets
and get creative. Fill your partner's “basket” (ie shipping
container) with Easter goodies for a gardener. Think spring and
Easter: bunnies, chicks, eggs, pastels, etc.

What to send:

1. 3 bulbs (bulbs, rhizomes, tubers,
    etc.): Spring and Easter are times of resurrection and rebirth.
    Nothing epitomizes this more than the humble “bulb,” which
    blooms in the spring, gradually dies off, only to be reborn again
    the following spring.
  2. 3 packs of Easter seeds. These can
    be plants significant to Easter, or anything with an Easter theme
    (Easter Egg Radish, Hens & Chicks, Rabbit Tobacco, etc).
  3. 3 random Easter goodies: anything
    edible or non-edible that somehow reminds you of Easter/spring.

will assign partners. Please mail by the 21st, so that
your package reaches its destination before Easter.

Happy Easter and Spring Equinox to
everyone!

Comments (314)

• nottougly
    8 years ago

Tammy your package is going out tomorrow morning.

Confirmation number is 9405 8036 9930 0215 0258 43

Enjoy it.

Faye!

• bluee19
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Finally have some free minutes to post. It was a long day today but worth the time spending with my cousins who were visiting from Cambodia. Their dad was my cousin who tragically passed away five months ago from a motorcycle accident. He left behind a wonderful wife/two daughters under the age of 4.

The lovely package from Jeanne came at a great time when my spirits were not that grand. Thank you friend for the package of perennial lily oriental mix bulbs, cute green basket filled with pink shredded paper with had Whoppers Mini Robin eggs, Russell Stover Milk Chocolate Bunny, carrot looking Reese Peeces chocolate, Southern Charm Zinnia Candy Cane mixed color seeds, Asparagus Beans Yard Long, and Beet Tall Top Early Wonder seeds. THANKS JEANNE Again for being my partner for this month!! Hope you are doing great!

Amber/Shirley ~ CONGRATS ON WINNING!!

To our hostess EricaBraun - THANKS FOR HOSTING THIS MONTH'S SWAP.

• Related Discussions

A Tisket, A Tasket, What's in your little seed basket?

Q

Comments (17)
    LL- Please come join us at the winter sowing forum! Its so fun this is my first try at it but i am so excited. Ill sum it up- save your milk jugs and 2 liter bottles. Cut the tops off almost all the way (leaving a hinge)poke drainage holes in the bottom. Fill with potting mix, moisten, sprinkle seeds on top,duct tape shut(leaving the cap off for ventilation).Label. Put outside in safe area from crazy puppy(if you have one)in the elements, so rain and snow can keep watered for you. In march or april little seedling emerge. Yay! Almost no work for lots of beautiful plants. The winter sowing forum FAQ is very helpful, and goes into better detail. If you decide to try it i have gotten alot of seeds id be happy to share with you. Its a fabulous way to keep from getting cabin fever this winter! I will be sowing everything i can get my hands one!
    ...See More

BOM 2010 - February

Q

Comments (45)
    I got 2 Paper Pieced Blocks done (one was mostly done in January). I still have to add the HST which I will do once I get a few more block completed. I also still need to add the black sashing to make them 14". I also finished a few of the Stepping Stone blocks, as I needed to buy fabric for them (actually changed my mind on what I was going to use, as I found the perfect print). The steps are from a striped fabric that had a gradual change in colors that I fussy cut (156 2.5" squares) to what you see- each of these 14" blocks random and different. I need to get these completed in order to go forward with the colors for the remaining PP stars that are more involved. I am introducing a mint & green batik to the turquoise/dark purple/blue to brighten it up a bit. I am close to finishing the 12 stepping stone blocks since my color choices were limited on those. It looks like I have alot done - but I have an awful lot left !!! For the paper -I switched to Plotter and Drafting Vellum instead of laser / copy paper. It is much better, rips away easier and is semi transparent. It goes thru my laser, which is picky. Toolgranny suggested the old erasable typewriter paper - that would be perfect, but I would not recommend using it in a inkjet or laser printer/copier. It is no longer made as far as I know - I finally donated the stock I had because there is no market for it. In fact typewriters are only made by a few manufacturers (so hang on to yours if you have a working typewriter - ribbons are even harder to find). I've linked below to the Vellum. Here is a link that might be useful: Vellum
    ...See More

BOM 2010 - March

Q

Comments (61)
    I was at Walmart on Friday, so I picked up a table cloth. I think I'll need 2, but I'll try this one to see how it does. Jayne, that heart you pointed out was one of my least favorite that I did. I really got tired of all those inside curves. Even though they are easier than outside curves, it got old, really fast! The BA class I took used Elly's, Baltimore Beauties and Beyond, Volume 1. It really is good at showing the basics and builds on them so you get a good understanding of how to do the blocks. I had a good teacher, too.
    ...See More

How many childhood verses do you remember?

Q

Comments (68)
    interesting how the rhymes change over time & distance.. We chanted the "Cinderella" jump rope rhyme a bit different: Cinderella dressed in yella went upstairs to kiss her fella. made a mistake, kissed a snake. How many doctors did it take? & there's one that I came across, don't know *anybody* else who remembers it, but I've always liked it. A little seed lay in the ground & soon began to sprout. "Now which of the flow'rs all around" it mused, "shall I turn out?" The lily's face is fair & proud but just a trifle cold. The rose, I think, is rather loud, & then its fashion's old." & so it mused the livelong day, this supercilious seed, til it emerged one day in May & found itself...a weed. I always remember that little rhyme when I run across a critic!
    ...See More
  • EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Amber -- Got your message! Thanks so much. :)

• EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Amber -- Your prizes are going out tomorrow. Tracking number: 9400 1096 9993 7435 6307 55

Shirley -- Your prize is going out tomorrow. Tracking number: 9400 1096 9993 8320 8695 33

• EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

This is such a cute Easter idea. I thought I would share: Naturally Dyed Pickled Easter Eggs.

• sandlapper_rose
    8 years ago

I love the customs in other countries relating to Easter. Thanks for posting that game. I really enjoyed finding out the answers.

I'll post when my swap package arrives. It looks like everyone is receiving some fun packages. Nicole, I'm glad you liked what I sent.

Jeanne

• uptreasa
    8 years ago

Jeanne, here's the tracking number: 95055116216660810495 39

Thank you, Erica for hosting!!!!!!!!! Happy Easter, everyone!

• EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Treasa -- Here is a picture of the two Dahlia varieties that I sent. You mentioned you couldn't find pictures of them.

• EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Game prizes went out today. That wraps up our games for the month. Packages
    should be arriving soon. Don't forget to post when you receive your
    pack. We'd also love to see a picture, if you're able.

Received List:

EricaBraun
    sends to Treasa RECEIVED

bluee19 (Nicole) sends
    to Shirley RECEIVED

Melinda Hagen sends
    to Nikki

amybabyboy3 (Amy) sends
    to Faye RECEIVED

nottougly (Faye) sends
    to Tammy

sandlapper_rose (Jeanne) sends
    to Nicole RECEIVED

Kim King sends
    to Simone RECEIVED

skyblue52 (Susan) sends
    to Melinda RECEIVED

brittneysgran (Shirley) sends
    to Erica RECEIVED

cinnie0 (Nikki) sends
    to Susan

Amber Edgar sends
    to Kim

Uptreasa (Treasa) sends
    to Jeanne RECEIVED

Mica Master (Simone) sends
    to Amber RECEIVED

mcc371 (Tammy) sends
    to Amy RECEIVED

• brittneysgran
    8 years ago

Erica-I mailed my box to you on Monday, they said a Thursday delivery so we will see.

Great month, many thanks for hosting.

Shirley

• Amber Edgar
    8 years ago

Kim I sent ur box out it will be there by saturday, I have tracking # if you need it and they said it has $50 insurance on it, let me know if you get it "safely" and nothings broken. Hope you like it.

Erica- thanks again for such a fun month you did an incredible job hosting!

Everyone else- thanks for having me, I enjoyed my first month tremendously and can't wait till next month to do it all over again! **amber**

• sandlapper_rose
    8 years ago

Wonderful packages received today from Shirley (birthday) and Treasa (swap package). Thank you so much! I'll post the details later - just wanted you to know they were received and they sure brightened my day!

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    8 years ago

Shirley, thank you for the beautiful card and the garden gloves. They feel very comfortable! Shirley also sent Sharpies and post it notes which will get plenty of use.

Treasa sent an amazing box for this swap. There are 3 books (cowboy/fireman fiction), fabric for my sewing projects, a headband, decorative buttons, a handknit dishcloth, scabiosa 'Paper Moon' (love that you sent the dried flowers - will save and sow the seeds), I believe one of the bags has assorted daylilies in it (correct me if I'm wrong). Daylilies love it here! I also received a Happy Easter card and lots of seeds - most of them quite unique - for example one is Thai Pink Tomato and another is West Indian Gherkin Cucumber. I will have fun trying these out.

I took a picture of your package, Treasa. Thanks so much!

Happy Easter to everyone!

Jeanne

• Mica Master
    8 years ago
    Thanks Kim!
    Got the goodies today. The post office sent it to Spokane, then to Yakima. back to Spokane! I think the bunny you sent just wanted to hop around... Kim were so generous. Thank you for the 2 yummy dark chocolate bars. beautiful purple silk flowers in a vase, the cutest homemade moss bunny! Also got a coffee drink, bunny tail, love lies bleeding and Maltese cross seeds. Oh and a cute little pot. Yes the red Callas will be perfect next to the waterfall. Kim you rock girlfriend!!! Thanks again for blessing me with your wonderful trade. I look forward to the next fun event!!! I wish everyone a Happy and Blessed Easter!!!!
    Simone :o)
  • sandlapper_rose
    8 years ago

That moss bunny is so cute!

Jeanne

• EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Shirley -- I just wanted to let you know that your box arrived today. I haven't had a chance to open it yet. It's been one hell of a day... already after 8pm and only just now sitting down for dinner. I'll probably open it after dinner. I already know it will be great! Will try to get a picture posted.

• SoLovelyLily
    8 years ago

I am so glad you like everything Simone, and that the box did not end up going to Mexico or somewhere crazy, that was strange, I am glad they caught it and brought it back to the correct post office, lol. Hope you have a wonderful Easter holiday!

• EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Shirley -- Finally got the box opened. It was killing me having to wait so long. Lol. Thank you so much for the wonderful "Easter basket." You are such a sweet and generous person. I always feel so blessed to receive plants/gifts from you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Not everything got in the picture, but Shirley sent Euphorbia (I'm excited to try to ID the species on this when it gets growing well - many Euphorbia are medicinal), Chocolate Vine (omg, this put the biggest smile on my face. Sadly, I managed to kill the last one you sent, so this was a fantastic surprise), Tiny Nugget Asiatic Lily (so pretty and vibrant), Southwestern Memories Daylily (absolutely stunning. I can't wait to see this in bloom), Eyes of Fire Daylily (very pretty), Delightful Little Treasure Daylily (another beauty - I love the lime green throat), two cute pot decorations, a picture frame with butterflies, a mini gumball machine, several chocolate treats, and a magnetic shopping list pad.

• Melinda Hagen
    8 years ago

I rec'd my wonderful box from Susan today! What a surprise, wonderful box! All the packages and things were wrapped with colorful polka dot paper that looked like Easter. In it was a bucket basket with Chrisma and Big Red amaryllis and purple muscari with a figurine of rabbit holding a carrot. Lovely! Also these seeds--jelly bean tomato, color mix carrots, Queen red lime zinnia, and chocolate mgs. Love them all. Cadbury's chocolate caramel egg, bag of spiced jelly beans ( my fav), and carrot of Reese's pieces. And then because was getting my first great grandbaby ( which arrived yesterday afternoon!!!) was a Precious Moments photo album and Precious Moments picture frame and a cute paper frame to put around a pic and put on refrigerator or somewhere! I will certainly be using these! Thank you so very much I loved it all!

And on the note of my great grandson, he arrived yesterday afternoon about 3:50. Has lots of black hair and is, of course, the most perfect one I've ever seen! He was 6 lbs and 10 oz and 17 3/4 in. long. Just adorable!

• amybabyboy3
    8 years ago

Congratulations Melinda! He sounds perfect! So happy for you!

• skyblue52
    8 years ago

Lite rain now. PLease no snow

• EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Melinda -- Congratulations.

Susan -- I probably owe you a congratulations too, since you didn't end up getting snow. :)

• sandlapper_rose
    8 years ago

I'm joining in to welcome the new baby. How special for you, Melinda. He's almost an Easter baby!

Jeanne

• SoLovelyLily
    8 years ago

Congratulations Melinda on the new grand baby :)

• Amber Edgar
    8 years ago

Everybody's packages look awesome!! I been happy at the new job but tired of sitting in front of the computer all day...lol!! I'm ready to get out in the flowers, I don't start out there till April 9th. I have orientation sat. But útil the 9th....more computer...boo..lol!! I planted most of my bulb goodies in the front bed for my mother-in-law yesterday when I had off, so happy to see them come up...can't wait. My seed babies...most are coming up except a few different rows....kinda worried and I'm worried about the mold....I saw some last night when I watered...really worried about that. Also read something about plants being "leggy" If light isn't close/bright enough and not on long enough....does anyone know what that means??

Melinda..congrats on new grand-baby, what a blessing!!! I love having tiny babies around. My little cousin just had on dec 31st and I love having him around....he's so iddy biddy and just so darn cute!!! Your precious moments gifts sound incredible....I LOVE precious moments- ANYTHING!!! I've been collecting for years!!! My grandma gets me P.M personalized ornaments every year for Cameron(my son) and Angel(my daughter) to hang on our tree!! I love them!!

Well I'm done rambling...sorry...lol!!! Hope everyone has a great night and a wonderfully blessed day tomorrow!!! **amber**

• Amber Edgar
    8 years ago

Can anyone tell me what this is please and a little info about it. I was on my way home from work and saw this at a little stand for easter and it amazed me. Thanks **amber**

• EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Amber -- Super cool looking plants, although I have no idea what they are.

• uptreasa
    8 years ago

Melinda, congratulations on your new grandbaby!! Amber, that plant is Calceolaria. Beautiful!

• sandlapper_rose
    8 years ago

I received a lovely birthday card and some seeds from skyblue52 (Susan). Thanks so much, Susan.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.

Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    8 years ago

Amber those are beautiful and we always called them pocketbooks because of the pouches on the bottom of the bloom. Treasa is right on the botanical name. Never seen the top/red one before.

Kim-The moss bunny is darling, wherever did you find it?

Erica-Glad you liked your Easter Basket. Hope the chocolate vine makes it this time.

Melinda-Congratulations on your great grandson. Will he be a 5th generation? When Brittney has her little bundle in Sept. it will be our 5th on my Mom's side.

Jeanne-Good to hear your Birthday card arrived.

Shirley

• Amber Edgar
    8 years ago

The lady said something about c something. Thank you Teresa and shirley. Yea, I've never seen them before but I was completely taken by them, the colour and especially the shape...I've never seen anything else like it. Can you grow them from seed, are they perennials? I think I'm going to go get them tomorrow morning before work....I NEED THEM!!!! LoL!!

Oh quick question, I fixed my mother-in-law's front flower bed for her and moved some hyacinths from one side of the bed to the other-- now they look limpy...did I kill them or should they perk back up????

Have a great night everyone!! Need to get to bed its Back to work for orientation tomorrow super early. Gnite **amber**

• amybabyboy3
    8 years ago

Tammy, Thank you for my wonderful Easter box of goodies. I love the garden flag and have really been wanting a new one. It is so pretty with hummingbirds! I also love the bulbs that you chose for me! Canna's do so well here and those Picasso canna's are so beautiful, I will get them in the ground right away. I also love the cute Bunny napkins, I will be using them all weekend. Thank you also for bunny word search, and cute bag stuffed with seeds. I will be checking the herbs off my wish list as I plant them and I am really excited to try the others especially penstemon rydbergii! I would be outside planting right now if it wasn't pouring down raining. Thank you for such a nice box. Hope you and all my garden friends have a Wonderful Easter! Amy

• amybabyboy3
    8 years ago

• EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Here's our list so far. If I've missed anyone, please let me know.

Received List:

EricaBraun
    sends to Treasa RECEIVED

bluee19 (Nicole) sends
    to Shirley RECEIVED

Melinda Hagen sends
    to Nikki RECEIVED

amybabyboy3 (Amy) sends
    to Faye RECEIVED

nottougly (Faye) sends
    to Tammy

to Nicole RECEIVED

Kim King sends
    to Simone RECEIVED

skyblue52 (Susan) sends
    to Melinda RECEIVED

to Erica RECEIVED

cinnie0 (Nikki) sends
    to Susan

Amber Edgar sends
    to Kim RECEIVED

Uptreasa (Treasa) sends
    to Jeanne RECEIVED

to Amber RECEIVED

mcc371 (Tammy) sends
    to Amy RECEIVED

• EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Only one more day til Easter. Hope you're all having a great weekend so far!

• SoLovelyLily
    8 years ago

I received my Sweet Thoughtful Creative Easter Box from Amber thank you for taking the time to make all the cut outs on the box we are major crafters in our family so we love the box and the stickers, I love anything that is made by hand especially cut outs and cards. Thank you for all the wonderful seeds, & bulbs I have all the lists online as a general guideline but I am actually easy to please I pretty much love seeds any, and all, and plants, and if I can't use them or don't have enough room for them, I will plant them in a neighbors yard or my moms. I needed some more swiss chard so I am excited to plant that in my spring veggie garden, and yes anything cottage or herbs is always great. I love all the bulbs :) Thank you for the inspirational book I love it has some of my favorite verses and quotes in it. And thank you for the tea and other goodies, jelly bellies are my favorite! I hope you and your family Have a wonderful Blessed Easter Amber, thank you again for taking the time to make such a lovely box for me :) Kim

• SoLovelyLily
    8 years ago

Thank you so much for hosting a wonderful swap this month Erica! I hope everyone has a Blessed Easter weekend with family & friends! Kim

EricaBraun thanked SoLovelyLily
  • Amber Edgar
    8 years ago

I'm really glad you got it and you super glad you like it. I love doing crafts of any kind but don't get to do them that much anymore so this was an easy way for me to just get into my zone and create something.

Erica...I got your package today....WOW!!! It was soooo much more then I expected!!! I thought I was just getting the ones I picked but when I kept seeing more and more packs I couldn't stop smiling. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! I will post a pic in the morning. Your awesome! !!!

EricaBraun thanked Amber Edgar
  • EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Happy Easter everyone!

• canyonwind
    8 years ago

Good Morning OBFERS! Happy Easter......Enjoy your day.

Finally catching up....I have just been reading through the posts for the month. Great month Erica!!

Happy Birthday to all the March babies......Susan, Tammy and Jeanne. Cards were sent your way on Friday. I feel like I am missing a March birthday. Erica/anyone....am I missing someone? There is no other March baby on my member list.

Annie

EricaBraun thanked canyonwind
  • cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    8 years ago

Happy Easter. Happy birthday to the march babies. Im running so behind. Im stealing my daughters internet and its really crappy. Half the time I cant connect the other it loads forever. Its actually a little decent right now so I thought I would check in.
    Melinda - thank you for the wonderful box. I would post a pic but Im not sure it will load. (internet really sucks)

Melinda sent me a dahlia creme de cassis, canna intrique, and some smooth velvet tulips, along with a couple of cute bunny figurines, and a white choc bunny with some malted milk eggs, and a russel stover creme egg. yum. also some eggplant, marigold, and guava seeds.

Susan - Im running very late on your package, hoping to be able to get it out by wed.

Im still trying to get things unpacked and most my stuff hasnt gotten here yet. My water heater isnt working so I havent had hot water since I moved in. Cant scrub things that need to be cleaned or get the dishes done and put away. My washer started leaking so I cant get clothes done and put away either. So trying to get the things I can done.

• EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Here's our list so far. If I've missed anyone, please let me know.

Received List:

EricaBraun
    sends to Treasa RECEIVED

bluee19 (Nicole) sends
    to Shirley RECEIVED

Melinda Hagen sends
    to Nikki RECEIVED

amybabyboy3 (Amy) sends
    to Faye RECEIVED

nottougly (Faye) sends
    to Tammy RECEIVED

to Nicole RECEIVED

Kim King sends
    to Simone RECEIVED

skyblue52 (Susan) sends
    to Melinda RECEIVED

to Erica RECEIVED

cinnie0 (Nikki) sends
    to Susan

Amber Edgar sends
    to Kim RECEIVED

Uptreasa (Treasa) sends
    to Jeanne RECEIVED

to Amber RECEIVED

mcc371 (Tammy) sends
    to Amy RECEIVED

• mcc371
    8 years ago

What blessings I came home to today after spending a few days with grand kids for Easter and two birthday parties.

I received beautiful birthday cards with several seeds from Faye, Annie and Susan. Thank y'all so much! I received a pack from Shirley containing sharpies, gloves and little note pads. Thanks Shirley!!! Then the bunny also had left my box from Faye.. All I can say is Wow!! I love it all.

she sent gladiolus bulbs, a cute grey bunny, Cadbury chocate eggs- who could resist those! A skittles raspberry candle, a bunny with gum balls inside. A plastic egg full of seeds- I sure can't wait to plant these. She sent me the cutest handmade cards that I will be using later.

Thank you Faye for such a great and thoughtful box I will be enjoying it all in the days to come.

thanks everyone for all the birthday well wishes and I hope everyone had a blessed Easter.

Have a beautiful day!

Tammy

• mcc371
    8 years ago

Oh and Faye sent me some white Spanish bluebells. Which hubby had already unpacked my box and took pic for me but I forgot to mention them as they are planted. Thanks again Faye!

• EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Great box!

As soon as Nikki is able to get her box to Susan, we'll be complete.

• EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Nikki -- Please be sure to let us know as soon as you send Susan's pack.

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    8 years ago

Hello. I sent Susan's package on Friday she should get it tomorrow. Sorry I've been Mia. I still have no internet. Checking in on my phone sucks. My internet should be on on the 11th. I'm still trying to get things situated going to take a while

susan I hope you enjoy your package I put together. 9505 5131 8151 6092 1104 18

would anyone happen to have some peony poppy seeds they could send I can't find my seeds yet and still got about three loads to drag over from storage my brother said a load a weekend Do not sure when I will find my seeds

• skyblue52
    8 years ago

Just got home from a large dinner . And Nikki's box was waiting I wanted to wait but couldn't. As I shove yellow peeps in my mouth ,I'll thank her for all the great items.

A beautiful flowered scarf, good housekeeping mag, note cards, tic tacks chocolate bugs, marshmallow peeps, trident gum , strawberry tea infuser, 3 anti bacterial lotions,magnetic notepad, , freesia, ranunculus, anemone, seeds litatris , wildflower mix, butterfly pea seeds, happy window stickers, and birthday cake little bites. When I have room for those. Thanks Nikki and happy you are getting moved in.

• EricaBraun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

That officially concludes our March swap. Thanks everyone who participated.