Windows 10, Love it or Leave it?
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (28)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Microsoft and Windows 10
Comments (52)I got a new hard-drive and more RAM in my laptop. At the same time, it was upgraded to Win10. I use Opera and Google. I would use the Edge, except that it's not compatible with AdBlockPlus. I wouldn't be without ABP. I'm trying to upgrade the desktops to Win10. It took a couple of hours to (we thought) install on hubby's computer, but when it was done, it was still on Win7. So I don't know what it was doing all that time. We'd check on it, and it was installing (85% done, etc). I'm going to do it on my desktop to see if I have any problems. He did it from Microsoft's site, so I don't know why it didn't install....See MoreIs it okay to leave a window cracked upstairs?
Comments (13)Where are you located? How old is the house? Indoor Air Quality is a significant health issue in the U.S. Our building codes are about a decade behind Europe & Asia who have much stronger ventilation requirements than we do. For reference, we target CO2 levels of 1000ppm. Studies have shown sleep problems for many people when CO2 is above 800 and it's well known that our cognitive ability begins to decline with anything over 500-600ppm (which is why Google, Apple and others have very robust ventilation systems in their buildings). The kicker is that while we target 1000ppm, newer homes in the U.S. are measuring 1200-1800ppm in bedrooms at night. What's worse is that we don't really have a clue how big of a problem this is. It's tough to measure and many of the health problems are likely caused by years of exposure. So, OPEN WINDOWS! From my perspective the more fresh air the better. Even if it uses a bit more energy, what is your health worth? As mentioned above, I think the only risk would be if it's bringing cold air near enough to the thermostat to cause problems there....See MoreQuestion about using Gmail while on Google Chrome on Windows 10
Comments (12)Tabs, tabs, tabs! I usually have multiple tabs open, including Gmail. When I open the main forum page here I open all the threads that I want to read in separate tabs and close each one as I finish that thread. If I'm shopping on Amazon, Zappos, etc. I open each item that I want to look at in a separate tab. That makes it easy to go back and forth while I'm comparing them...See MoreLayout for 8x10 bathroom with two windows
Comments (7)@Patricia Colwell thank you! I have deleted the other posting, had lots of issues with Houzz and when I emailed their customer service they were helpful but restored all the duplicate posts I had made in my attempt to actually get my posts to show :) Sorry about the confusion. I'm not sure why you say a wasted space bathroom? I prefer a freestanding tub as I hate showering in the tub.. So I much prefer to have them separate, but am open to a tub that's attached to the wall as in the photo below, would that work you think? The toilet can be moved. Here are the window placements and the door can go anywhere on the window-free short wall (my preference) or on the long wall in the corner against that window-free short wall. Thanks so much again....See More- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

LAUNDRY ROOMSRoom of the Day: The Laundry Room No One Wants to Leave
The Hardworking Home: Ocean views, vaulted ceilings and extensive counter and storage space make this hub a joy to work in
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGDownsizing Help: Choosing What Furniture to Leave Behind
What to take, what to buy, how to make your favorite furniture fit ... get some answers from a homeowner who scaled way down
Full Story
LIFEYou Said It: ‘I’m Never Leaving’ and More Houzz Quotables
Design advice, inspiration and observations that struck a chord this week
Full Story
WINDOW TREATMENTSThe Art of the Window: 10 Ways to Love Draperies
Consider these ideas for adorning your windows with full-length fabric
Full Story
WINDOWSThe Art of the Window: 10 Ways to Elevate Your Bathroom
These window styles and treatments bring in natural light while creating a restful and rejuvenating ambience
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESWhat's Wrong With My Plant? Leaves Often Hold the Clues
Learn how to identify common plant ailments by reading their leaves
Full Story
WINDOWS10 Ways to Bring In the Breezes
Let nature cool your home with designs that capture fresh air and screen out the sun
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESInterior Brick: Paint it or Leave It?
Here's how to know if covering that brick is a sin or solution
Full Story
SMALL KITCHENS10 Ways to Make a Small Kitchen Feel Bigger
Does your kitchen draw a crowd or crowd you in? Here's how to make sure your compact kitchen leaves room to breathe
Full Story
FALL GARDENING5 Ways to Put Fall Leaves to Work in Your Garden
Improve your soil and yard the organic way with a valuable garden booster that grows on trees
Full StorySponsored
More Discussions


racetowinOriginal Author