SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lea_grabb

Problem with paper feed on NIB HP Office Jet J4540

Lea Grabb
8 years ago
I inherited a brand new in the box copy/Fax machine from my folks who are now deceased. My Dad actually gave it to me 3 or 4 years ago. He had ordered it for my Mom and I know paid big money for it as he thought the more you paid for something the better it was! He didn't even realize that my Mom wouldn't need a FAX!! I have kept it as back up for years...as I don't need a fax either. I just replaced my printer realizing that I would never use this one that I had saved all these years! I was going to sell this J4540 and looked up the price only to find that it was an expensive model but it has been discontinued!! lol I figured I could still get a lower price for it considering it was brand new. Then I decided after reading some posts when I was shopping for a new printer that it is cheaper to buy new printers than to buy most cartridges! I read a post where I guy just buys new printers instead of purchasing the cartidges....he said he felt bad about contributing to waste....but he still did it. So I decided that I might as well use this printers ink up and then discard....since I probably can't sell it anyway. So I got it all set up....loaded the cartridges and when it went to do the alignment.....the roller would not pick up the paper! How can this be? That is exactly why I finally retired my last printer. I had cleaned the rollers several times because of the dust in my house (supplemental wood heat)....but it became a real problem, so I gave up. How could these rollers be dirty? I tried different papers and nothing would work. Any ideas? Glad I didn't try to sell it!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert