SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stockergal

oops, Ross Rosette found

stockergal
8 years ago

I spent all day Saturday at my daughters house cleaning flower beds. I am so sore can't move very well. All went well until we discovered Rose Rosette Disease on her Fairy rose. I cut the large shrub down to about six inches, cleaned all of the leaves and mulch away and put down seven dust. I told her I didn't think we could save the rose but I gave it my best shot. We will see what happens???

actually it was the first time I had seen the disease on a rose. I had only seen pictures before Saturday.

other than that it was a very productive day. I thought it was early May, 80 degrees and clear blue skies and very light winds. Love it!!!!

i took a cutting from her neighbors hybrid honeysuckle brought it home and potted it up. We will see if it roots, so far it looks good. I usually just put them directly in the ground but I thought it was to early so I put it in a pot. We will see!!! I've been moving it in and out of the house according to the temps.

I hope the weather men are right and we all get a nice rain. Typical Oklahoma from swamp to desert.

Comments (3)