SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
perfectusinfinitusvita

Showing off my little orchid collection

So spring is here, and I'm looking forward to another year with my little orchid guys, and hopefully expanding my collection soon. Here's what I got so far:

Wilsonara aloha sparks 'Ruby Eyes'. Mounted these yesterday on some found cypress wood.

One of my Phals. I'm not sure which variety, although it blooms a nice apricot-pinkish colour. I experimented with having the spike grow in a spiral so that I wouldn't have to stake it. It seems to be working so far ^_^.

This one's my baby. Monnierara Millennium Magic 'Witchcraft'. It hasn't bloomed yet, but I am hoping this fall is gonna be the year I see those glorious blooms.

A few white Phals I rescued from the bargain rack at Lowes, unsurprisingly sopping wet in soggy moss and in one of those dumb *** cups with no holes they always put them in. I ended up having to cut pretty much all the roots off as they were rotting. it's been a week, two seem to be doing great, and one is kind of wilted and sulking, so we'll see how that goes. They're mounted on oak and cypress

So that's it so far! I ordered some KeikiPro and it's on the way, so I'm super excited to be playing around with that. I'll probably put a couple drops on that one sulking white phal's spike and hopefully I can get some keikis from it even if it doesn't survive. Although I'm not quite sure if I should leave it on the mother plant, or cut the spike off.

Comments (5)