SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eld6161

Xpost, amazing story of lost and found!

eld6161
8 years ago

I couldn't cut and paste while on vacation. This is cross post from HD conversations and I wanted to share here too.

We are in our final week of vacationing in Costa Rica. On Tuesday we met with a realtor to view houses for sale.

The following day, DH and I took a morning walk on the beach. He looked at his phone to check the time. Five minutes later, he realized it was missing.

We back tracked, but to no avail. That day we met again with the realtor and of course mentioned the lost phone.

in the evening, we got an email from the realtor that someone might have found the phone!

Here is the amazing part: there is a FB site for Canadians staying at this beach town. The realtors assistant happened to see a post of the missing phone. DH has a photo of the two of us as his screen saver! The person posted this photo. The assistant recognized us and told our realtor. The realtor contacted the person who found our phone and she in turn got to us!

We just met her this morning. When she found the found it was mucky so she has a tech friend clean it up! She joked that she would have loved this phone, but when she saw our photo, she posted on all the sites here that visitors and Canadians go to share info with each other.

I don't think you could even calculate the odds of the string of events that happened with this phone.

We gave her a reward, which we insisted she take. I still can't believe it.

Anyone have something similar happen to them?

Comments (17)