SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
finndian

I need some guidance on organization of Asian inspired yard.

Paul f
5 years ago

I'm finally trying to finish my front yard... it was pretty stark when I bought the place with no pots so I've set a few around over time. The whole small front yard is behind a 16 foot tall bamboo hedge. I've placed some Japanese maple trees in the white topped pots next to the front door to get an idea of something tall in those pots. I also have placed a couple flaming pencil bushes in the white-topped pots on either side of the entrance to my side yard as well to vibe with the maple tree color. I just have a pine tree sitting in a big round gray pot in the center of the yard to see whether anything should be there at all or even if the pot should stay. Maybe I should let the pink of the maples and the flaming pencils be the focus... or just scape it all and start again. The nursery will exchange the trees/plants for something else so that is a possibility!

I know that I've got to get rid of a lot of the junk thats out there but not sure what exactly should stay! The 3 rivers slate walkways I love but not sure about the big square pavers that they also used out there. The maples will sprout lime green leaves in a few months so I don't mind the leafless state there in now. Do the white square pots on the stairs add anything? Any help you can give would be very much appreciated.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Alpha Centauri Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Ashburn's Kitchen & Bath Remodeling & Designs for Everyday Living