SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itguy16

Temp for washing sheets

itguy08
8 years ago

Been wondering about this and figured you all would have a bunch of suggestions....

We got a new bed back in November and got new sheets as well since we went from a Queen to King. Now here we are a few months later and they are looking faded and old. Now they are not great sheets - Threshold from Target and the lower end ones from Seep Number but I've got some older sheets from our old bed that still look good after many years. Colors are a blue/white, green, and one new navy.

Got me thinking that maybe I'm doing it wrong. We change them weekly and do let our dog sleep with us in the bed. My normal routine is they all get run through a Sanitary cycle. Mainly in case the dog has something and to kill any dust mites. But I was thinking this heat is causing the fading for certain of the fabrics.

We've got no allergy cycle on our washer - just the normal cycles + sanitary. I'm thinking cutting that down to Hot and maybe run them in a Sanitary cycle a couple times a year to finish the nasties off may be the best...

Thoughts? I'm looking for WWLR (What Would Laundry Room) do?

Thanks!

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz