SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chuckerfly

A sad, sad stem... Need advice, please..

chuckerfly
8 years ago

I have a fuzzy Echeveria (E. pulvinata or E. 'Doris Taylor'? Not sure.. ) in a 10cm/4inch pot (measured at the top/rim) that used to look like this:

That photo was taken in early December, but then by early January it looked like this (the pic was taken after watering so it looked wet):

The leaves were yellowing, had brown tips, but not mushy, they just dried up from the lower leaves upwards and fell off. I stop watering after this (better under than over watering, right?). This week, all leaves have fallen off, only stem left:

I gave it a little tug and was met with some resistance. I took it out of the pot anyway, and the roots looked good to me, at least no rotting. I may have accidentally lost a little root when washing off the soil... ~_~

I'm leaving it unpotted and shaded in my windowsill for the time being. I'm planning to repot it in a smaller pot later on.

Does anyone has any idea of what's happening here? Will it survive and grow leaves again? I haven't had success with any Echeveria so far, don't know why (no chemistry?). This is my last one, the others regretfully didn't make it, lost their battles with rot and sneaky pests :(

Thank you in advance.

Comments (6)