SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janetpaik

Houzz Call: Could You Be the Next 'My Houzz' Photographer?

Janet Paik
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Do you love to photograph interesting homes and write about interior design?

If you’ve got an eye for home design, great photography skills and the right equipment, We want to talk with you:

We’re looking for photographers for our My Houzz series who can find amazing homes and gardens, take photographs and write about all the neat stuff the homeowners did to make it such a unique place. You’ll get to meet new people, see interesting spaces, probably pet lots of dogs and cats and make some money along the way.

My Houzz: Couple Build Their Dream Modern-Farmhouse-Style Home · More Info

It doesn’t matter where you live — the remote woods, the big city, the burbs — we just want to see the great homes and gardens around you. More specifically, we’re looking for homes with a diverse range of styles, budgets and people — traditional, modern and every style in between.

Finding the homes will be up to you. You can hit up the Internet or get tips via word of mouth, through friends of friends, or by leaving notes in mailboxes.

For the photograph shown below, New York photographer Chris A. Dorsey had the opportunity to experience firsthand this bakery-turned-loft in Brooklyn.

My Houzz: From a Bakery to a Cool Loft in Brooklyn · More Info

Shaunna Nygren walked away from this Maui, Hawaii, apartment learning a few things about boho style.

My Houzz: Chic Boho Style for a Hawaii Apartment · More Info

Let a few of our veteran contributors explain why they love being a My Houzz photographer.

I love meeting design-minded people and getting a glimpse inside their thought processes,” says photographer Sarah Greenman of Dallas. “It’s also a huge honor to walk into someone’s home, meet their family and have in-depth discussions about how their homes mirror their personal aesthetics. Home truly is where the heart is, and working as a Houzz contributor gives me a glimpse into their hearts.”

“It’s amazing to see how creative people are, and how even if you’re not an interior designer, you can still create a gorgeous space that inspires others,” says photographer Nanette Wong of San Francisco.

If this interests you, please email the following to houzztours@houzz.com:
• Your name, contact information, and where you live
• 300 words about yourself and why you’d be great at photographing homes for Houzz
• How you plan to find homes to tour in your area and three pitches on homes you would cover if hired
• Three high-resolution, original photographs of home interiors or a link to your online portfolio

My Houzz is a series in which we visit and photograph creative, personality-filled homes and the people who inhabit them. Share your home with us and see more projects.

To apply, see more details here: [https://www.houzz.com/magazine/houzz-call-could-you-be-the-next-my-houzz-photographer-stsetivw-vs~39332755(https://www.houzz.com/magazine/houzz-call-could-you-be-the-next-my-houzz-photographer-stsetivw-vs~39332755)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH