SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
themikeathon

Hey, y'all, ok, so I need help with this plant

Michael Keef
8 years ago

Alright, so I live in the North Houston area, New Caney actually. I know lemons, plums, and even loquats grow wild in the woods up here, especially along the creeks, and even on one rare occasion I saw a blood orange in Crosby woods. (I know I couldn't believe it either) However, I go to college in Kingwood. There's some woods behind the college and there's this tree, amazing tree actually. They ONLY live there, within about a hundred yards radius. They grow as either a small tree (12-20ft.), or they branch out at the base. Their leaves are what amaze me, with a mango/lemon smell. During late summer/early fall the leaves have a mango/lemon smell, during winter they have a mango/tangerine smell, and during the summer, the leaves dry up in bundles and make the air have a strong lemon smell. Also, during fall they have these small black nut/berries, and the leaves grow these mutations that start out green then turn red. They form flowers, similar to a lemon's actually, but instead of fruit, they grow those black nuts along the branches, close to the flowers, but not out of them. Any ideas??

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH