SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20103024

Sliding Glass Door Having to Conform to HOA Requirements

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I posted on another thread of my issues of leakage with my sliding glass door which is part of a Juliet balcony. It's also older, and has clear glass rather than LowE, an issue in my Chicago-area climate. So, I've decided to go ahead and have a full replacement of the sliding glass door. This current one is a Pella ProLine which is what all the Juliet balconies in my townhome development have. And it faces the front on the second floor, so it's quite visible. HOA requires uniformity with the other townhomes.

I very much would prefer a Marvin Ultimate sliding glass door, but I think it might look too different from the other Pella sliding glass doors in the development, and we are all right next to each other, so a difference would be noticeable. In particular, the Pella sliding glass door has the screen on the inside, and the Marvin has the screen on the outside. I am not sure if Marvin Ultimate can be installed with screen on the inside like the Pellas, but I'd guess not. Does anyone have any advice on that?

If I must stay (reluctantly) with Pella to look the same as the other townhomes in the development per the HOA, I am considering the Architect series. I see that the Pella Designer series allows blinds inside the window which I don't need, so I think the Architect series would be the better choice. Also, I would actually prefer a better double-pane sliding glass door than a so-so triple-pane sliding glass door, so that's another reason to lean toward the Pella Architect. Do you guys agree or disagree, or have other suggestions?

Comments (10)