SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10512886

Fiddle Leaf Fig needs help

User
8 years ago

After much research and pining for a fiddle leaf fig tree, and being too impatient to wait until spring to find one, I unwisely purchased my first fiddle leaf fig plant (pandurata) online. I recieved it four days ago and it is so unhealthy! I'm not surprised, as I anticipated that the New England cold could have damaged it in transit.

Two plants arrived together in an 8" pot, with the roots growing out of the top and bottom of the pot. I separated the two plants and repotted them in two 10" pots and lightly watered them. One is worse off than the other. I've been keeping them in a window that gets indirect morning and afternoon sun. Beyond the top leaves of one plant looking like cooked spinach due to the cold, and having lost at least three of it's leaves, the bottom leaves of both are all discolored a DARK green/brown, and the leaves in the middle/top are spotted with dry brown patches. I have read this may be due to over or under watering. The stem of the plant with wilting and lost leaves also doesn't seem as sturdy as the other so I've used a post to help prop it up.

If anyone could shed some light on what may be wrong, and how I can go about saving it I would be so grateful! Being a total novice, I have no idea where to begin.

I've been afraid to do anything too drastic beyond repotting it because it seems on the verge of death as it is what next?

Comments (4)